Communications Group, Electrical Engineering, IIT Delhi
Group chairman: Dr. Brejesh Lall
M. Tech. Coordinator: Dr. Uday Khankhoje
Faculty Members and Research Areas
* Retired or going to retire soon. These faculty members can take PhD students jointly with another faculty member of the department.
Abhishek Dixit Optical access networks, Fibre wireless converged networks
Brejesh Lall Signal Processing
Devi Chadha* Optical Communication and Networks
H M Gupta* Communication Systems
Jun Bae Seo Communication networks, Queueing Theory
Kushal Shah Plasma Science
Manav Bhatnagar Communication Systems
Ranjan Bose Wireless Communications
Ranjan Mallik Communication Theory and Systems
Saif K. Mohammed Communication Theory and Systems, Information Theory
Seshan Srirangarajan Signal Processing, Wireless networks
S D Joshi Signal Processing
Shankar Prakriya Signal Processing, Cognitive Radio
Subrat Kar Photonic Switching, Optical Networks
Surendra Prasad* Signal Processing, Communication Theory and Systems
Swades De Wireless Communication Networks and Systems
Uday Khankhoje Electromagnetics - theoretical and computational
V K Jain Optical Communications and Networks
Vinod Chandra* Optical communication
The format of the admission test varies, but a broad outline is as follows.
Part 1: Written Test.
Duration : 45 mins (Please bring your calculators)
Click here to see a sample question paper.
- Basic Maths (12th and UG level: Calculus, linear algebra) [5 questions]
- Signals and Systems [5 questions]
- Random Variables and Random Processes [5 questions]
- Analog Communications [5 questions]
- Electromagnetic Fields [5 questions]
- The above syllabus is only for the Communications group. There are 4 other groups in the EE dept with different syllabi:
- Power Electronics and Power Systems
- Integrated Electronic Circuits
- Computer Technology
- Control and Automation
- The question paper and cut-off marks of BSZ are same as that of EEZ.
- There is no separate question paper for optical communication. It is included in the communication stream.
Part 2: Interview
Those who clear the written test will appear for the interview. Please look through the list of the faculty members in the Communications group at IITD before coming to the interview. Candidates are expected to have a clear idea of:
- a potential advisor, and
- a broad area of research interest compatible with the potential advisor(s).